Thursday, October 11, 2012

Introducing-- Caitlin Canfield

This is me. 
       My name is Caitlin Canfield.  I was born in the March of 1993, to my parents Linda and Steven Pearson in the city of South Jordan, UT.  I lived there until I was eight, which is when my family and I moved to a little town in Southern Utah, named Hurricane (pronounced Hurrikin-- unnatural, I know).  I lived there with my four other sibling and my parents until I went off to college in the fall of 2011. 

       Like I just mentioned, I have four siblings-- Paisley (17), Dylan (13), Chantell (9), and Caleb (6).  They are some of my best friends, and like any sibling, at some time in my life, have been my worst enemies.  I would not trade them for anything.  I love them dearly.  The same goes for my parents-- they are amazing and have always been there for me.  They have taught me many things that have really helped me to progress in life.  

        In the fall of 2011, I attended Southern Utah University; a small university with beautiful grounds and some pretty amazing professors.  While I was there, I made some great friendships-- the best of which was my soon-to-be husband Charles Canfield.  I met him on the first day of school, went on my first date with him somewhere in September, and then could not bring myself to be without him every day after that.  That's right-- we saw each other every day until late December when we went home for Christmas Break.  I'm pretty sure I gave my parents a heart-attack when I was dating Charles-- mostly because he was my first real boyfriend and I was absolutely head over heels for this guy.  We got engaged on Presidents Day 2012, and were married on March 10,2012 in the St. George LDS Temple.  It was the best decision I have ever made.  We have now been married just over seven months, and though we have had our disagreements, we are more in love and more attached to each other than we have ever been.  
       
      In these last seven months we have moved all over.  We started off in Cedar City, stayed in Hurricane  for a month or two, spent a month during the summer living in Des Moines IA, stayed again in Hurricane for another month, moved to Vancouver WA where we have been staying the last two months, we are currently on a three week business in Medford OR, and will be moving back to Hurricane UT or the surrounding area at the end of the month where we will be until next summer.  Moving has taught us a few things. For example, I consider myself a pretty decent packer.  Also, in all of our moving, Charles and I have realized that no matter where you go, as long as you have each other, you will be okay. That being said, there is a reason why the saying "There's no place like home" is so popular and repeated.  There is something to be said for being around your family and friends. The support, love, and friendships you have there are extremely hard to replace, even verging on impossible at times.  


      We also have a puppy named Thor.  He is a shitzu, and he is the cutest, most friendly, snuggly little ball of fur you will ever encounter.  We got him on Easter of 2012 right after we were married, partly to keep me company while Charles goes off on his Blitz weeks for work and leaves me at home.  Thor has been awesome.  But he is also a lot of work.  after almost six months of having him, he is still not completely potty-trained, he can be bi-polar at times-- happy to see you one moment and offish or pouty the next-- and he really just does what he wants most of the time.  But he is one cute little cuss, and I love him dearly.  

      So a little bit about who I am.  The first and most important thing that you should know is that I am a Mormon-- also known as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS).  This also means that I am a christian and I have some pretty cool values.  If you would like to know more about the religion I belong to, feel free to visit www.mormon.org . 


       Next, you should know that I am extremely outdoorsy.  I love to camp, ride ATVs, play sports, swim, go boating, hiking, picnicing, fishing, canoeing, or any other thing that you could possibly do outside.  Before I met Charles, I like and knew how to ride utility four-wheelers.  Charles and I currently own a Yamaha YFZ 450.  It is amazing.  We absolutely love taking it out for a ride and we jump at every chance to hear that engine roar.  The day we sell that thing (nicknamed Lurpy) will be the day I cry.  Also, as I mentioned above, I love to camp.  I am sure that sometimes my husband gets sick of hearing my pleads to go camping almost every weekend.  Of course he is a sweetheart and just grins and takes me even though he would probably rather be sleeping on something soft and having delicious food.  

      Being nineteen and a newly-wed, I am not great at a whole lot of things that most people would expect out of their wives.  But I am quickly improving.  I can now cook a whole dinner without burning anything, create a cleaning schedule for our place and stick to it most days, and even cook things that my husband praises.  Let's just say that Charles puts up with a lot and he helps me tons!  That being said, you might see a few things on this blog in the future that have to do with little tricks and tips I've learned lately.

      Like almost any other woman in this day and age, I am pretty much addicted to Pinterest.  Let's just say that  if I have been on the computer, I am either currently on Pinterest, or I have exhausted myself already with the ins and outs of pinning myself to death.  Thankfully, my husband actually agrees with Pinterest and doesn't think it's a total waste of time.  That being said, I will try not to re-pin a bunch of things from that website, but rather create my own original thoughts and ideas and share those with you instead.  However, you may see a few things from Pinterest, but hopefully not too many. :)  

      Anyways, this is a little bit about me, and hopefully you will be seeing a little more from me soon.  


Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment